Trump Administration Ending Legal Status of 500K Migrants from Cuba, Haiti, Nicaragua, and Venezuela

The Trump Homeland Security Department (DHS) published a notice ending legal status for more than 500,000 migrants from Cuba, Haiti, Nicaragua, and Venezuela. According to the notice, DHS said it would be rescinding “categorical parole programs for inadmissible aliens” from Cuba, Haiti, Nicaragua, and Venezuela and their family members.

Migrants in the parole programs have been told they have to leave the county by April 24, 2025. The parole programs previously allowed a migrant to stay in the U.S. for up to two years. People were required to apply online and have to go through background checks and have someone financially sponsor them.

© 2026 Signatory Wall and Ceiling Contractors Alliance (SWACCA). All rights reserved.

Scroll to Top